Four people died on the spot after a bus collided with a motorbike on Saturday morning, January 23, along Siaya- Kisumu road.
The accident occurred at Sigana near Ngiya in Siaya County.
Siaya OCPD Ben Chris confirmed the accident.
The police officer said that the four who succumbed to their injuries were riding on the motorbike.An accident involving a car and a motorbike
Reports alleged that nearly twenty passengers in the bus sustained minor injuries.
The bus was towed to Siaya Police Station.
On December 13, 2020, the National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) statistics disclosed that fatalities had increased compared to the same period of time in 2019 where 107 perished in road accidents.
Data by the police and the NTSA indicated that road accidents between January and December 2020 stood at 3,663 compared to 3,508, during the same time last year.
An annual increase of 9.4 percent in deaths was recorded. Between January and December 13, 2020, 3,663 people died on the road compared to 3,348 last year, which is a difference in 215 fatalities.File image of NTSA traffic police inspecting a PSV matatuFile
- RIP1 March 2021 - 12:09 pm
- Our history1 March 2021 - 12:22 pm
- Water1 March 2021 - 11:01 am
- New demands1 March 2021 - 10:21 am
- relief1 March 2021 - 10:22 am
- Blunder1 March 2021 - 9:45 am
- Unfair1 March 2021 - 9:26 am
- close shave1 March 2021 - 9:05 am
- Hard Times1 March 2021 - 9:16 am
- Honored1 March 2021 - 8:35 am
- inferno1 March 2021 - 7:54 am
- race against time1 March 2021 - 7:13 am