K24 TV has unveiled the latest addition to the station’s roster of top news anchors.
Zainab Said debuted her first bulletin, K24 TV Mashinani, at 4pm on Tuesday, January 26, 2021.
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke, Zainab stated that she was previously a news reporter at Milele FM, a radio platform owned by Mediamax network.K24 TV anchor Zainab Said presenting the news bulletinFile
The shift was no mean feat for a journalist whose first media job saw her earn Ksh 3,000 a month.
Zainab’s career began at Qwetu Radio where she was an intern and volunteer for nine months before joining Iqra FM in September 2017 as an anchor and presenter.
In September the following year, she moved to Milele FM as an anchor and reporter focusing on human interests stories.
The most memorable moment in her career came when she was assigned to cover the Covid-19 pandemic which had just struck.
She became the first journalist in the country to visit an isolation centre and interview a Covid-19 patient at the Kenyatta University Referral Hospital.
“I was so scared, I was not prepared, the experience was nerve wrenching,” she described the assignment which took 30 minutes of convincing to do.
Zainab came face to face with the patients who bore the brunt of the virus as a section Kenyans carried themselves with reckless abandon in regards adherence to the Covid-19 safety measures.Zainab said at Milele FM studioFile
- Retaliation!21 April 2021 - 11:26 am
- Mystery21 April 2021 - 11:39 am
- unfortunate21 April 2021 - 10:07 am
- confusion21 April 2021 - 9:38 am
- New Projects21 April 2021 - 9:30 am
- Corridors of Power21 April 2021 - 9:24 am
- Under Siege21 April 2021 - 7:58 am
- Another One21 April 2021 - 7:16 am
- eyes on prize20 April 2021 - 8:04 pm
- jets out20 April 2021 - 7:48 pm
- new pairs of hands20 April 2021 - 6:50 pm
- Alliances20 April 2021 - 6:29 pm