The Ministry of Interior announced that the distribution of Huduma Namba cards kicked off on Thursday, February 4, with the first batch dispatched to Huduma Centres across the Nairobi Metropolitan Area and its 17 sub-county offices.
The Ministry asked Kenyans who had registered for the cards to collect them once they received a text message on their phones.
"You can conveniently collect your card if you receive an SMS notification on the same," reads part of the statement.Huduma namba being distributed in Nairobi on Thursday, February 4
The Huduma Namba cards will be the authentic single source of truth on personal identity in Kenya.
It contains information about an individual's National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) and their Personal Identification Number (PIN).
Children below18 will receive the Minors Huduma Namba Card. Newborns will be registered within 90 days after the date of birth.
Adult Huduma Namba Card will be issued to Kenyans above the age of 18 while non-citizen adults will get the Foreign Nationals Huduma Namba Card.
ICT CS Joe Mucheru said that the card will be beneficial to all Kenyans and will be used to eliminate corruption in schools and government institutions as well as improve security.
He said the government has ensured that all the data will be protected and Kenyans can rest assured that all privacy issues have been addressed.
President Uhuru Kenyatta and first lady Margaret Kenyatta were the first to receive the cards during the Mashujaa Day celebration in 2020.A person holding the new Huduma Namba Card unveiled on Tuesday, October 20, 2020.Filecorruption
- COMEBACK27 October 2021 - 8:10 pm
- Struggling27 October 2021 - 8:10 pm
- Halted27 October 2021 - 6:47 pm
- this is why27 October 2021 - 6:42 pm
- Concern27 October 2021 - 6:29 pm
- The Truth27 October 2021 - 6:23 pm
- SHOCKING27 October 2021 - 6:12 pm
- sweet27 October 2021 - 5:30 pm
- Troubled27 October 2021 - 4:30 pm
- Changes27 October 2021 - 4:11 pm
- Formation27 October 2021 - 5:15 pm
- REMARKABLE27 October 2021 - 4:56 pm