The Public Service Commission (PSC) has announced over 200 jobs in Kenyan prisons.
In a notice on Tuesday, February 16, the State Department for Correctional Services under the Ministry of Interior & Coordination of National Government is looking for spiritual professionals for the various prisons in the country.
The government department advertised 223 posts for Catechists, Chaplains, and Imams.
"Applications should reach the Commission on or before March 5, 2021, latest 5:00p.m. (East African Time)," the notice directed.Kenya Police Officers inspecting a prison facility.File
Requirements for the job
For an appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
(i) a Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Sacred Theology, Christian Philosophy, Pastoral Theology, Theology, Theology and Bible, Divinity, Islamic, Arabic Studies (Jaami’iyah) or any other equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya
(ii) a letter of recommendation from the head of Church/Mosque where the Church/Mosque must be under the umbrella of any of the following bodies: Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops (KCCB); National Council of Churches of Kenya; Evangelical Fellowship of Churches in Kenya; East Africa Union of Seventh Day Adventist; Supreme Council for Kenya Muslims or any other recognized spiritual body.
(iii) be an ordained Pastor/Priest/approved Sheikh and licensed by the Government/Islamic authority
Duties and Responsibilities
This is an entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a senior Chaplain/Imaam.
Duties and responsibilities will include:-
(i) offering spiritual care to inmates, staff, and their families through preaching, teaching the word of God, spiritual counseling, and guidance
(ii) conducting religious rites
(iii) enrolling inmates into the Christian/Muslim faith
(iv) implementing spiritual rehabilitation programmes
(v) preparing inmates and their families for reintegration through pre-release assessment and guidance
(vi) ensuring observance of the Christian/Islamic seasonal and special events
(vii) keeping records on chaplaincy matterThe Kenya Prisons Project helps inmates acquire technical skills to help them merge better with society and break the cycle of crime once they are released.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications online through the commission website: www. publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: www.psckjobs.go.ke.
Here is the process of applying for a vacancy in the PSCK portal
All first-time users of the Online Recruitment and Selection system are required to register by providing:
1) ID / Passport Number
3) Current Email address
4) a password to access the systemRegistering an account on the Public Service Commission of Kenya
How to reset your password
In event that you forget the password, click the "Forgot Password" link and provide the email you had used to register.
A link will be sent to the email address to enable you to reset your password.
Users who had registered in the previous version of this system are required to register afresh by providing ID/Passport number, surname, email address, and password.
How to apply for a job in the PSCK portal
1. It is important to note that one can only apply for jobs that have been advertised and labeled as open.
2. To apply for any advertised job or internship opportunities, log into the system using the ID/Passport Number and the Password created.
3. Once you identify the job you want to apply for, you will be required to fill in your details in an online form.
All fields are mandatory:
Personal Details - name, title, date of birth, ID number, PIN number, gender, nationality, ethnicity, and location. Also, you must provide your contact information including, your telephone/mobile number, postal address, and email address.
Qualifications: Qualifications (Starting with the Highest)
Experience: Employment Details - where applicable (starting with the current or most recent)
Current Registration/Membership to Professional Bodies
Other courses: Relevant Courses and Training attended Lasting not Less than One (1) Week
Referees: Only Two (2) referees are required.
Other details: Here you indicate the languages you are proficient as well as a state if you have you ever been convicted of any criminal offenses or a subject of a probation order. Also, disclose if have you ever been dismissed or otherwise removed from employment.
4. Once you are satisfied with your job application go to submit application tab and submit your application
5. Applicant MUST ensure that all the relevant information is provided before submitting the application as incomplete applications will not be considered.
6. Applicants are advised to print and keep a copy of the Feedback Report (application summary) by clicking on the Report tab or Application Summary link on the Application Menu.
The advantage of the online application is the system gives you an option to edit your information. If you made a mistake, go back and enter your public service commission login information at any time before the Advert Closure Date.
In case of inquiries here are the PSCK contacts:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your ID /Passport Number and full name.
Call the following numbers: Landline: +254 (020) 2223901, 2227471
Mobile: +254-724-253807, +254-735-800282criminal
- NEW ASSOCIATION26 September 2021 - 12:39 pm
- Revealed26 September 2021 - 12:01 pm
- Insider26 September 2021 - 11:32 am
- End Curfew26 September 2021 - 11:03 am
- Confessions26 September 2021 - 10:43 am
- Lucky26 September 2021 - 10:50 am
- Retaliation26 September 2021 - 9:39 am
- RIP26 September 2021 - 8:46 am
- Revealed26 September 2021 - 8:13 am
- Promises26 September 2021 - 7:44 am
- revealed26 September 2021 - 8:43 am
- Degree Bagged25 September 2021 - 7:34 pm