A Nairobi businesswoman who went missing was on Friday, February 19, found dead and body dumped in Kajiado.
38-year-old Caroline Maina went missing on Friday, February 12, under mysterious circumstances. On the said day, she had neither gone home nor contacted her family to tell them of her whereabouts.
Yesterday, Maina's sister was contacted by the DCI official handling the case and asked to identify the body.An undated image of a police vehicle at a scene of a crime
The DCI officials are said to have been guided to the place by some of the suspects that had been held over her disappearance.
Police suspect that Maina could have been tortured as her body was mutilated and her eyes gouged out.
The businesslady was last seen at Stima Plaza in Ngara and her vehicle was found dumped near Gatina Primary School in Kawangware.
So far, Maina's friend and churchmate Mercy Gitiri alongside Edwin Otieno, Stephen Oduor and Samuel Okoth have been arrested and arraigned before Kibera senior resident magistrate Renee Kitagwa.
Police suspect that her death could have been caused by a business deal gone wrong.
The 38-year-old mother is survived by two children.
In other news, three suspects have been arrested in connection to the murder of a 22-year-old student whose body was found dumped in River Subuku on December 7, 2020.
According to a statement by the DCI, Diana Njeri uthiomi, Tamar Wambora and Eric Maingi were arrested after investigations placed them at the scene of murder.An Image of a police tape on a crime sceneCitizen Digitaldead death murder arrest suspect
- EXPLAINED2 December 2022 - 8:02 pm
- Changes2 December 2022 - 6:34 pm
- Fairy Tale2 December 2022 - 7:40 pm
- Quit2 December 2022 - 6:20 pm
- Accolades2 December 2022 - 7:53 pm
- Staff purge2 December 2022 - 6:04 pm
- delight2 December 2022 - 5:27 pm
- Crash2 December 2022 - 5:23 pm
- DISAPPOINTMENT2 December 2022 - 5:15 pm
- Partnership2 December 2022 - 5:05 pm
- Strategy2 December 2022 - 4:40 pm
- Struck Out2 December 2022 - 4:31 pm