Nyali MP Mohammed Ali is set to make a comeback in the media industry but this time as a media owner.
According to the Kenya Gazette Notice No. 6397 Moha, as he is popularly known, was already granted a license to start operations.
Registration documents show that he filed MO FM Radio under his Jicho Pevu Limited company.Mo FM Radio's logo shared by Nyali MP Mohammed AliFile
Jicho Pevu is a moniker he was named after his popular investigative series bearing the same name.
The MP is currently staffing the station in preparation for launch under the 88.0 FM frequency.
The former journalist has described the new venture as Mombasa’s newest and coolest radio station.
“Are you a talented radio presenter or DJ? If yes, then you're the one we are looking for,” he announced on March 21, 2021.
The Nyali MP joins a list of politicians who have invested in media, such as the Kenyatta family, Kirinyaga Woman Rep Purity Ngirici and her Meru counterpart Kawira Mwangaza.
Radio has for ages been considered the most widely accessed form of communication because it speaks intimately and privately to millions of audiences across the globe.
Kenya has a variety of localised channels that broadcast in vernacular, catering to millions of listeners in rural areas.
The latest data also showed that more men listened to radio than women with more numbers being rural residents.
On average, 45 percent of the respondents revealed that they listened to the news on the radio more than any other programme, with 28 percent preferring music while 7 percent tuned in for politics.A radio studio microphone
- Remarkable21 September 2021 - 8:03 pm
- UNVEILING21 September 2021 - 7:59 pm
- Politicking21 September 2021 - 7:16 pm
- tragedy21 September 2021 - 6:38 pm
- Pay Up21 September 2021 - 6:28 pm
- details21 September 2021 - 6:06 pm
- Boosting relations21 September 2021 - 5:40 pm
- Remarkable21 September 2021 - 5:06 pm
- Orders Issued21 September 2021 - 4:37 pm
- SHOCKING21 September 2021 - 4:20 pm
- Appeal21 September 2021 - 3:57 pm
- AMAZING21 September 2021 - 3:39 pm