The Ministry of Information Communication and Technology has partnered with E-commerce giant Amazon to offer free training to Kenyan youth in Cloud Computing.
The programme dubbed ‘Amazon Web Services re/Start’ was rolled out last year for countries in Africa.
In collaboration with the Kenyan governments’ initiative Ajira Digital and getINNOtized a German Tech Company, the program is expected to increase digital opportunities for young people.
CAS Ministry of ICT, Innovation and Youth affairs Maureen Mbaka oversaw the launch of the program in the country.A file image of the Amazon Logo
“Glad to have joined the kick-off of AWS re/Start program in Kenya that will train #youth on cloud computing,” noted the CAS.
The first cohort will be of 50 learners who are either unemployed or underemployed and have little experience in technology.
The 12-week program will run full-time from Monday to Friday and at the end connect the graduates to job opportunities.
The areas to be covered in the training are programming, networking, security and relational database through real-world scenario-based learning .
In addition to the technical training, learners will be coached on resume writing and soft skills that will be invaluable in the job market.
Upon completion, an AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certificate will be presented to them, which will allow them to practice in the computing field.
"GoK and the Ministry of ICT is committed to digital skills development, preparing the youth for the future of work and conecting them to digital opportunities," stated the CAS.
The first cohort was in Johanesburg, South Africa. The program was expanded to other African countries such as Ghana, Nigeria and now Kenya.A file image pf AWS re/Start trainees 2019
- New Alliance19 January 2022 - 7:08 pm
- Lost Treasure19 January 2022 - 7:16 pm
- revealed19 January 2022 - 7:07 pm
- unsung heroes19 January 2022 - 6:28 pm
- Heart breaking19 January 2022 - 4:49 pm
- RESPONSE19 January 2022 - 4:49 pm
- Opportunity19 January 2022 - 5:14 pm
- Opportunity19 January 2022 - 4:14 pm
- New Changes19 January 2022 - 3:32 pm
- Strategy19 January 2022 - 4:04 pm
- TOP NOTCH19 January 2022 - 3:16 pm
- Illicit Trade19 January 2022 - 3:20 pm