A policeman lost Ksh1.15 million cash minutes after he had withdrawn the amount from a bank in Gilgil, Nakuru County on Monday, May 24.
The Chief Inspector of Police (CI) at Astu Headquarters in Gilgil was robbed of the money while eating lunch at a hotel - at around 1:53 pm.
Gilgil OCS Albert Kipchumba confirmed the incident in police documents seen by Kenyans.co.ke.File image of Kenyan bank notesFile
The CI reported that he saw a man break into his double cabin which he had parked outside the hotel while enjoying his meal.
He peeped outside the window when he heard his alarm sounding and noted the man opening the car's driver's door using a duplicate key.
"I saw him take the bag containing Cash Ksh1.15 million," the CI lamented.
The suspect also escaped with a registered Ceska Pistol loaded with 15 rounds of ammunition.
Detectives investigating the case stated that the thug drove away using a white Mazda. They, however, did not clarify whether the CI chased after the man.
The CI also did not explain the purpose or source of the amount of money in question.
DCI Gilgil visited the scene, processed it and also recorded the CI and eyewitnesses statements.
The matter was also forwarded to police headquarters at Vigilance, Nairobi for further assessment.Directorate of Criminal Investigations headquarters along Kiambu RoadSimon KiraguKenyans.co.keammunition thug suspect
- New tidings27 June 2022 - 8:00 pm
- Supersticion27 June 2022 - 7:05 pm
- Tough times27 June 2022 - 5:36 pm
- take note27 June 2022 - 5:02 pm
- On the spot27 June 2022 - 2:35 pm
- Clean27 June 2022 - 2:40 pm
- At All Costs27 June 2022 - 1:21 pm
- Step by Step27 June 2022 - 3:28 pm
- New Perspective27 June 2022 - 1:13 pm
- ICONIC27 June 2022 - 12:29 pm
- disclosed27 June 2022 - 12:22 pm
- Clap back27 June 2022 - 11:35 am