The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE) released data of the highest paid Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) in the banking and telecommunications sector for the year 2020.
In total, bonuses were slashed by Ksh284 million owing to the Covid-19 pandemic that broke out on March 13, 2020.
Safaricom CEO Peter Ndegwa was awarded a Ksh90 million bonus.
Stanchart CEO Kariuki Ngari received a Ksh20.95 million bonus.Safaricom CEO Peter NdegwaKenyans.co.ke
Absa Kenya CEO Jeremy Awori was awarded a Ksh17.5 million deferred bonus.
Safaricom Chairman Michael Joseph got Ksh125.7 million for acting as both CEO and non-executive director prior to Peter Ndegwa taking over as CEO.
The bonus increased by Ksh102 million from Ksh23.4 million.
Equity Bank executives were also rewarded but the bonuses were undisclosed.
Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) CEO Joshua Oigara, KCB financial officer Lawrence Kimathi, NCBA Group CEO John Gachora and the finance director David Abwoga, and former Britam CEO Benson Wairegi missed out on bonuses.
“Executive directors are entitled to performance-based bonus pay. Each year, 25 percent of the bonus is retained with the payment of the retained portion being deferred to be paid over a period of the three subsequent years,” KCB stated.KCB Group CEO Joshua Oigara.File
- Clap back6 December 2022 - 4:15 pm
- Debt6 December 2022 - 3:34 pm
- Consensus6 December 2022 - 3:47 pm
- Classy6 December 2022 - 3:31 pm
- boss6 December 2022 - 4:04 pm
- TWIST6 December 2022 - 2:12 pm
- Innovative6 December 2022 - 3:16 pm
- THEFT6 December 2022 - 2:03 pm
- Reprieve6 December 2022 - 1:46 pm
- No Show6 December 2022 - 12:38 pm
- Relief6 December 2022 - 11:51 am
- Miracle6 December 2022 - 12:56 pm