Police are investigating a hit and run incident that claimed the lives of four women along the Murang'a-Kangema road in Kiharu, Murang'a County on Sunday, July 18.
The vehicle is said to have lost control and hit the women, Jane Waiego, Mary Njeri, Margret Karura Waithaka and Mary Waithera, who were part of a group that was coming from a church meeting.
Three of them died on the spot while one succumbed to her injuries at the Murang'a County Referral Hospital while receiving treatment.A collage of women who were involved in an accident on Sunday, July 18.NTV
"I was crossing the road when I noticed that the vehicle was rolling towards my side. I jumped in the bush and avoided the vehicle," Veronicah Nyambura, a survivor narrated.
Kenyans.co.ke has learnt that the driver was in the company of other youth who all escaped the scene of incident.
One of the youth had allegedly taken his parent's car without permission.
The families of the four have requested well wishers to help them cater for expenses ahead of the burial on Tuesday, July 27.
They stated that their wives helped them cater for the needs of their children.
The incident came a month after Ayub Kinyanjui, the father of a 7-year-old boy who was captured on video driving a Toyota Prado TX, was arrested.
Police officers from Kirwara Police Station in Gatanga, Murang'a County nabbed Kinyanjui for allowing his son to drive contrary to the Kenyan laws.
He was, however, presented in court and fined Ksh20,000.A minor driving a Prado TX in Gatanga, Murang'a County.accident died arrest
- Uncertainty16 May 2022 - 3:26 pm
- A-Team16 May 2022 - 1:45 pm
- Declaration16 May 2022 - 1:26 pm
- Trial Phase16 May 2022 - 12:23 pm
- Remarkable16 May 2022 - 12:37 pm
- Forthright16 May 2022 - 12:19 pm
- heart wrenching16 May 2022 - 11:11 am
- Warning16 May 2022 - 10:26 am
- Intrigues16 May 2022 - 9:50 am
- One wish16 May 2022 - 8:57 am
- Consuming16 May 2022 - 7:58 am
- disclosed16 May 2022 - 7:16 am