Police are investigating a hit and run incident that claimed the lives of four women along the Murang'a-Kangema road in Kiharu, Murang'a County on Sunday, July 18.
The vehicle is said to have lost control and hit the women, Jane Waiego, Mary Njeri, Margret Karura Waithaka and Mary Waithera, who were part of a group that was coming from a church meeting.
Three of them died on the spot while one succumbed to her injuries at the Murang'a County Referral Hospital while receiving treatment.A collage of women who were involved in an accident on Sunday, July 18.NTV
"I was crossing the road when I noticed that the vehicle was rolling towards my side. I jumped in the bush and avoided the vehicle," Veronicah Nyambura, a survivor narrated.
Kenyans.co.ke has learnt that the driver was in the company of other youth who all escaped the scene of incident.
One of the youth had allegedly taken his parent's car without permission.
The families of the four have requested well wishers to help them cater for expenses ahead of the burial on Tuesday, July 27.
They stated that their wives helped them cater for the needs of their children.
The incident came a month after Ayub Kinyanjui, the father of a 7-year-old boy who was captured on video driving a Toyota Prado TX, was arrested.
Police officers from Kirwara Police Station in Gatanga, Murang'a County nabbed Kinyanjui for allowing his son to drive contrary to the Kenyan laws.
He was, however, presented in court and fined Ksh20,000.A minor driving a Prado TX in Gatanga, Murang'a County.accident died arrest
- New Beginnings28 September 2021 - 7:52 pm
- Solving Case28 September 2021 - 7:40 pm
- Wealth28 September 2021 - 7:15 pm
- Blow28 September 2021 - 7:26 pm
- Merger28 September 2021 - 7:21 pm
- Step In28 September 2021 - 6:50 pm
- WIN FOR KENYA28 September 2021 - 7:15 pm
- Barred28 September 2021 - 6:33 pm
- Inaccessible28 September 2021 - 6:55 pm
- sad28 September 2021 - 5:24 pm
- Climbing the Mountain28 September 2021 - 5:39 pm
- Heated28 September 2021 - 3:59 pm