One person was fatally stabbed after chaos erupted during the burial of Kisumu County Assembly Human Resource Manager, Lazarus Obiero.
The Saturday, July 24 incident which occurred in Muhoroni was triggered by speaking arrangement after a group of youth caused a melee accusing the organisers of failing to observe protocol.
Police arrested the suspect who was fleeing from the scene with the murder weapon still in his hands.Police officers at the scene of incident in Muhoroni sub-county in Saturday, July 24.Citizen Digital
Mourners were forced to scamper for safety and storm out.
The unfortunate events started unfolding when County Assembly Speaker Elisha Oraro stated that he would be the last to speak.
He argued that the deceased worked in the County, hence, protocol dictated that he speaks last.
His sentiments, however, touched Mp Onyango Koyoo raw nerve who insisted that he was the host and would be in charge of the program.
The body of Obera was buried by church leaders and his family members.
On the other hand, the body of the man stabbed to death was taken to the Ahero sub county hospital mortuary.
Some of the leaders who were in attendance include; Kisumu Senator Fred Outa, Ex Governor Jack Ranguma and a number of MCAs.DCI detectives probe a crime scene in Kenya.weapon fatal death murder arrest probe suspect scam stabbed
- New Beginnings28 September 2021 - 7:52 pm
- Solving Case28 September 2021 - 7:40 pm
- Wealth28 September 2021 - 7:15 pm
- Blow28 September 2021 - 7:26 pm
- Merger28 September 2021 - 7:21 pm
- Step In28 September 2021 - 6:50 pm
- WIN FOR KENYA28 September 2021 - 7:15 pm
- Barred28 September 2021 - 6:33 pm
- Inaccessible28 September 2021 - 6:55 pm
- sad28 September 2021 - 5:24 pm
- Climbing the Mountain28 September 2021 - 5:39 pm
- Heated28 September 2021 - 3:59 pm