- The Standard
The Deputy President William Ruto on Thursday, July 29 explained the Bottom-Up Economic Model.
The Model has attracted both funny and derogatory jokes among Kenyans including leaders in an attempt to interpret it.
Interestingly, other leaders from his camp have equally found it difficult to explain the economic model.Ruto greeting church leaders at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church in Kilifi North on July 18, 2021
According to the DP, the model seeks to empower millions of unemployed Kenyans to live a decent life by promoting investments and financial instruments among them.
Ruto stated that the Bottom-Up model will have more benefits to less fortunate Kenyans contrary to the Trickle Down economic model that he argued has been a disgrace to the people.
“Bottom-up is anchored on deliberately promoting investment and financial instruments targeting the millions who are unemployed, hustler enterprises, and the farmer groups,” Ruto stated.
The DP defended the model arguing it was triggered by the current state of the economy that has seen many Kenyans living under chronic poverty due to lack of jobs.
“It is the economy. Trickle Down failed for aiding patronage and cronyism, breeding cartels and monopolies that benefited few,” Ruto argued.
The bottom-up economic model is the DP’s plan to convince Kenyans to make him the next president.
According to him, the people at the bottom include hustlers – the mama mbogas, mechanics, matatu operators, and jua kali artisans.
Ruto argued that these people have suffered enough under the Trickle-Down economy and needed to be liberated.Laikipia Woman Rep Cate Waruguru with Deputy President William RutoFile
- Made Different18 September 2021 - 6:55 pm
- CELEBRATORY18 September 2021 - 7:01 pm
- Head On18 September 2021 - 6:21 pm
- congratulations18 September 2021 - 4:01 pm
- Truth Bombs18 September 2021 - 3:55 pm
- Time Schedule18 September 2021 - 3:36 pm
- OPERATION18 September 2021 - 4:46 pm
- Sad incident18 September 2021 - 2:59 pm
- TITHING DIFFERENTLY18 September 2021 - 3:28 pm
- details18 September 2021 - 2:08 pm
- Posh living18 September 2021 - 1:24 pm
- Piece of advice18 September 2021 - 1:57 pm