A family from Kiambu is in joy after their kidnapped three-year-old son was rescued.
Baby J.K was found hidden by his kidnapper in a forest in Kangendu, Ndenderu. The family had spent days looking for the toddler who was abducted in Karura area.
The family first took him to the police station to record a statement. He was then taken to the Gachie Level 4 Hospital for examination, where he was subsequently given a clean bill of health.Baby J.K and His MotherTV47
A probe into the matter revealed that the baby was kidnapped by his uncle, who stated he resorted to kidnapping J.K over a debt.
"We found the baby in Kagondo in Ndederu with his uncle whom we suspected had taken him," the child's father stated.
The father, however, refuted the claim that he owed his brother money.
J.K's mother was happy to receive her son. She stated she was glad to have him back as most parents do not get to see their kidnapped children return home safely.
However, she asked the police to arrest the suspect, who was on the run. She argued that since he kidnapped his own nephew, then he is capable of committing a greater offence to other members of the community.
So far the police have managed to track down and arrest the suspect.
Kidnaping cases are on the rise. On August 3, a 16-year-old Form One student who has been missing for a period of 15 months in Molo, Nakuru County, was finally reunited with her family.
In July, Interior CS Fred Matiang'i called for parents and guardians to be more cautious with their children, following increased cases of abductions. The police formed a special squad that would deal with abduction cases.A file image of Interior CS Dr. Fred Matiangi.abduction arrest probe suspect
- New Beginnings28 September 2021 - 7:52 pm
- Solving Case28 September 2021 - 7:40 pm
- Wealth28 September 2021 - 7:15 pm
- Blow28 September 2021 - 7:26 pm
- Merger28 September 2021 - 7:21 pm
- Step In28 September 2021 - 6:50 pm
- WIN FOR KENYA28 September 2021 - 7:15 pm
- Barred28 September 2021 - 6:33 pm
- Inaccessible28 September 2021 - 6:55 pm
- sad28 September 2021 - 5:24 pm
- Climbing the Mountain28 September 2021 - 5:39 pm
- Heated28 September 2021 - 3:59 pm