President Uhuru Kenyatta and his deputy William Ruto, were captured on camera sharing a light moment during the Mashujaa Day Celebrations on Wednesday, October 20.
In the 11 seconds video, the president could be seen explaining something to his Deputy President amid laughs between the two.
The DP would in turn greet him with a namaste before retreating to his seat.
The light moment shared by the duo excited a number of Kenyans who have recently been treated to a showdown by both leaders and those allied to them.
"Alarrrrr. Si we said these two are not in talking terms," surprised businessman Ahmed Mohammed stated.
"Happy to see the president and DP William Ruto in good moods, exchanging pleasantries on this year's Mashujaa day," a netizen stated.
As recent as Monday, October 18, Kenyatta took a swipe at his deputy in an apparent bare-knuckle attack that pointed to the growing rift between them.
He warned Mt Kenya residents to make a wise decision come 2022 and be wary of leaders who were misleading them.
"When the person wakes up in the morning, all they do is tell stories, go to another place the next day and tell stories as well. At what time will that person work, the person seems to be inciting people as well."
"Young people especially are being lied to, why can't you tell them to empower you so that you can help yourself instead of relying on handouts?" the President posed.
Kenyatta advised the residents to listen to all presidential aspirants but be wise while choosing the next leader.Kenyans attending the Mashujaa Day celebrations at the Wang'uru Stadium on Wednesday, October 20.PSCU
- tricked29 January 2022 - 10:37 am
- Answers Given29 January 2022 - 10:13 am
- Drastic Measures29 January 2022 - 8:53 am
- Major Move29 January 2022 - 8:00 am
- uncovered29 January 2022 - 7:40 am
- Fall Out28 January 2022 - 8:04 pm
- exposed28 January 2022 - 8:10 pm
- respect28 January 2022 - 7:51 pm
- Cancelled28 January 2022 - 7:25 pm
- tough call28 January 2022 - 7:05 pm
- Punitive28 January 2022 - 6:19 pm
- big moves28 January 2022 - 7:03 pm