City politician Karen Nyamu has officially been endorsed by Deputy President William Ruto to contest the Nairobi Senate seat on a UDA ticket in the upcoming 2022 General Election.
The city lawyer was welcomed to the party by Ruto on Monday, November 29, in a meeting graced by LSK president Nelson Havi and EALA MP Simon Mbugua at the DP's official residence in Karen.
"I was honoured to be officially endorsed by the UDA party to contest for Senator position in Nairobi County 2022.
''We fully support William Samoei Ruto's vision to change our economic model in the interest of Kenyans. Mpango ni bottom-up(Bottom-up is the plan)," she stated.Deputy President William Ruto and Karen Nyamu at his Karen Home on November 29COURTESY
The development came a few days after Havi officially announced he had joined UDA and the Ruto-led Hustler Nation.
Nyamu, who has been the subject of a publicised relationship with a local musician, had recently expressed confidence that she would get the resources to mount a serious campaign in 2022.
''As I can tell you now, I'll be vying in 2022, you might think I have a million in the bank for campaigns. The reality is I will spend a million on the ground, from wherever it shall come from. Let me tell you, Jeff, I believe in myself.'' she affirmed.
The Nairobi Water and sewerage director was an aspirant for Nairobi Women Representative where she unsuccessfully sought the Jubilee party ticket in 2017.
She lost in the nominations to Rachael Shebesh who vied on a Jubilee ticket but lost to incumbent Esther Passaris of ODM.Nairobi politician Karen Nyamu
- Fall Out28 January 2022 - 8:04 pm
- exposed28 January 2022 - 8:10 pm
- respect28 January 2022 - 7:51 pm
- Cancelled28 January 2022 - 7:25 pm
- tough call28 January 2022 - 7:05 pm
- Punitive28 January 2022 - 6:19 pm
- big moves28 January 2022 - 7:03 pm
- Security Matters28 January 2022 - 5:47 pm
- new twist28 January 2022 - 5:20 pm
- Ruto's Call28 January 2022 - 4:45 pm
- turned down28 January 2022 - 4:26 pm
- Debts28 January 2022 - 3:49 pm