A 35-year-old man surrendered to the Kirinyaga County police officers on Monday, November 29, after he allegedly killed his wife and their four children.
Paul Murange Njuki confessed to killing his wife, Millicent Muthomi, and his children, Nelly Wawira (13), Gifton Bundi Muthoni (13), Sheromit Wambui Muthoni (5), and Clifton Njuki Murage (1).
The suspect led police officers to a thicket near a river bank where he had hidden the murder weapon; an axe.An undated image of a police vehicle at a scene of a crime
In addition, he took officers to his house where they found the victims' lifeless bodies on their respective beds.
Police officers are yet to establish the motive of the gruesome murder.
The officers are yet to remove the bodies from the scene saying that their vehicles got stuck in mud following the heavy rains being experienced in the area.
“The bodies will be taken to the Kirinyaga County Referral Hospital mortuary. We are looking for ways to ensure the bodies are moved from the crime incident,” Police Commander Kianyaga Police Station, Anthony Mbugua, stated.
Neighbours narrated that the man looked disturbed in the last couple of days.
In January, a similar incident took place when a university student, Lawrence Warunge, allegedly killed his father, Nicholas Njoroge Warunge, his mother, Ann Wanjiku, their adopted nephew, Maxwell Njenga, his brother Christian Njenga Njoroge and the farmhand, James Kinyajui Wambaa.
While making a confession to the detectives, Warunge admitted to being inspired by a TV series.
On April 15, 2021, however, Warunge pleaded not guilty to five murder counts.An undated photo of police officers and detectives at a crime scene in KenyaFileweapon murder killed suspect
- PLAN IN PLACE24 January 2022 - 8:34 pm
- Recognition24 January 2022 - 6:43 pm
- NEW MEMBER24 January 2022 - 6:02 pm
- Response24 January 2022 - 5:44 pm
- exposed24 January 2022 - 5:57 pm
- new orders24 January 2022 - 4:38 pm
- Uplifting24 January 2022 - 5:07 pm
- revealed24 January 2022 - 3:09 pm
- BEST SUITED24 January 2022 - 2:14 pm
- Defiant24 January 2022 - 1:36 pm
- Revolutionaries24 January 2022 - 2:13 pm
- Remarkable24 January 2022 - 1:03 pm