Moi Girls High School in Eldoret barred parents from entering the institution after a fire broke out in the school on Thursday night, May 19.
The 11pm fire razed down two physics laboratories and chemical stores in a two-storey building in the compound.
Parents who rushed to the school were assured of the safety of their children and further asked to calm down as the Uasin Gishu fire brigade fought the fire.Moi Girls High School EldoretFile
Police drawn from nearby police stations also responded to alarm calls and swiftly secured the scene.
Property of undisclosed amount was destroyed in the two laboratories. However, the fire was put out before it engulfed a chemistry lab on the ground floor.
Detectives investigating the case compiled a preliminary report, but could not ascertain the cause of the fire in their initial investigations.
However, unconfirmed reports alleged that the fire resulted from a gas leak in one of the laboratories.
Students were said to have had a practical session inside the laboratory in the morning hours.
Following the fire, teachers conducted a roll call and held a prayer meeting with the students.
Investigations into the cause of the fire are still underway.
Police are looking into gas leak explosions, electric faults and arson as the main leads to the cause of the fire.arson explosion fire fire. explosion
- Shining Star25 June 2022 - 7:56 pm
- Veterans25 June 2022 - 7:45 pm
- TALENTED25 June 2022 - 7:21 pm
- Luxurious25 June 2022 - 6:54 pm
- Crackdown25 June 2022 - 6:05 pm
- Roughed up25 June 2022 - 5:12 pm
- Own Path25 June 2022 - 4:25 pm
- Deal25 June 2022 - 3:40 pm
- Guidelines25 June 2022 - 3:35 pm
- TALENTED25 June 2022 - 2:49 pm
- GOLDEN HEARTS25 June 2022 - 12:57 pm
- Murals25 June 2022 - 12:54 pm