The driver, who was traveling alone around Minjila area in Tana River, was flagged down at a police roadblock where he was found with the weapons hidden in the vehicle.
“He was alone at the time of his arrest and we wonder what he was doing with the gun,” said one of the officers handling the case.
He was detained at Garsen Police Station for further questioning in order to establish the motive of having the gun and bullets.
However, the Governor's chauffeur defended himself claiming he was transporting the assortment to a police officer.
Tana River county has in the recent past been rocked by security challenges occasioned by a series of clashes between two warring tribes.
The ethnic attacks and counter attacks in 2012 left more than 100 people dead and more than 13,000 displaced, leading to the arrest of former Galole legislator Dhadho Godhana, who was charged with incitement to violence.
- at last8 July 2020 - 6:18 pm
- new protocols8 July 2020 - 5:00 pm
- edged out8 July 2020 - 5:21 pm
- home comforts8 July 2020 - 4:11 pm
- Raft of Measures8 July 2020 - 4:08 pm
- spilling beans8 July 2020 - 3:36 pm
- torment8 July 2020 - 2:25 pm
- Presidential Appeal8 July 2020 - 2:34 pm
- showdown8 July 2020 - 2:24 pm
- way out?8 July 2020 - 1:41 pm
- listen...8 July 2020 - 1:35 pm
- easy steps8 July 2020 - 1:29 pm