Joint Nominations is a Minor Issue to Cause Disunity in NASA - Raila Says
ODM leader Raila Odinga has addressed the issue of party primaries after his Opposition counterparts, Kalonzo Musyoka and Moses Wetangula, expressed objection to the plan by the National Super Alliance (NASA) to conduct joint nominations.
Addressing the press at a city hotel on Thursday, Odinga announced that the issue of joint nominations is a "minor issue" and should not cause disunity in the party.
“A joint nomination is a minor issue. If other parties in the NASA outfit do not want the coalition to field a single candidate for a political seat, then we will conduct the nominations the way they want,” the former Prime Minister stated.
The former premier urged his NASA principals to remain united adding that the issue of joint nominations would be sorted out immediately.
Odinga’s sentiments came barely hours after both Wetangula and Kalonzo ruled out the possibility of joint nominations in NASA.
Kalonzo had said that candidates from Wiper, Amani National Congress (ANC), Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) and Ford-Kenya should be free to face one another.
The Wiper leader's sentiments were echoed by Mr Wetangula who on Thursday announced that Ford Kenya would field candidates for all elective posts across the country.
- 15 December 2019 - 4:32 pm
- 15 December 2019 - 4:00 pm
- 15 December 2019 - 3:52 pm
- 15 December 2019 - 2:52 pm
- 15 December 2019 - 2:10 pm
- 15 December 2019 - 4:41 pm
- 15 December 2019 - 1:11 pm
- 15 December 2019 - 12:53 pm
- 15 December 2019 - 12:54 pm
- 15 December 2019 - 11:50 am
- 15 December 2019 - 11:54 am
- 15 December 2019 - 11:32 am