A Kenyatta University (KU) student was over the weekend beaten to death on allegations of attempting to steal a government official's car in Bondeni estate, Embu.
Vincent Akinga, a third-year student, is said to have been busted inside a car belonging to Embu County Assembly sergeant-at-arms in the wee hours of Saturday morning.
Reports indicate that Akinga broke into the vehicle belonging to Silas Mwaniki, igniting the car's alarm system.
This awoke Mwaniki, who in turn switched on his house's security alert, attracting residents of the area who found the suspect inside the vehicle.
They then pulled Akinga from the vehicle and mercilessly beat him using crude weapons leaving him for dead.
Confirming the incident, Embu West sub-county police boss Francis Sang said they were informed about the incident but found the student dead by the time they arrived.
He urged members of the public to avoid taking the law into their hands adding that investigations into the matter would be conducted.
The suspect's body was taken to Embu Level Five hospital mortuary.
- updates22 October 2020 - 5:11 pm
- Last Minute Change22 October 2020 - 5:21 pm
- at last22 October 2020 - 4:51 pm
- notice22 October 2020 - 4:00 pm
- lanes22 October 2020 - 3:47 pm
- My Turn22 October 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Exams Plea22 October 2020 - 3:07 pm
- dead end22 October 2020 - 2:45 pm
- level up22 October 2020 - 2:34 pm
- Heartwarming22 October 2020 - 2:25 pm
- in large numbers22 October 2020 - 1:57 pm
- Old is gold22 October 2020 - 1:32 pm