Labour Party of Kenya Announces Support for Uhuru in August 8 Election
The former ODM Secretary General stated that the party would go round the country campaigning for Kenyatta ahead of the upcoming polls.
Namwamba made the declaration on Saturday afternoon while addressing the press flanked by other officials of the party.
At the same time, the Budalangi Member of Parliament (MP) maintained that LPK was strong and ready for the election maintaining that he was not affiliated with any other party.
He added that as the leaders of LPK, their decision to back Kenyatta was arrived at after consultations with members and delegates of the party.
“I want to announce that the party is ready for the General Election this year so I am urging any aspirant who has not joined the party to do so,” stated Namwamba.
The MP further stated that he was ready to defend his Budalangi seat on an LPK ticket.
On Tuesday, Namwamba divulged that the party had settled on the presidential candidate who it believed had the best chance of emerging victorious in the upcoming polls.
He noted that his team already knew who would win the presidency adding that they settled on a candidate who they felt was development-minded.
- November 12, 2018 - 7:53 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 8:23 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 7:16 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 6:04 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 6:24 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 5:34 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 5:16 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 4:37 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 3:58 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 3:46 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 2:17 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 1:28 pm