A bus belonging to the Modern Coast company burst into flames on Wednesday afternoon at around 3:30 pm in Kyula, Makueni County along Mombasa Road.
The bus, which was headed to Nairobi from Mombasa, had 40 passengers on board who were safely evacuated.
Confirming the incident, Kibwezi Sub-County OCPD Leonard Kimaiyo, divulged that the cause of the fire was yet to be established.
Following the unfortunate incident, Modern Coast stated that they had already sent another bus to pick up the stranded passengers.
“We would like to let you know one of our buses has burnt down en route Nairobi. It left Mombasa at 8:30am. All passengers were evacuated on time and are safe. Recovery bus has been sent. We apologise for that. The cause of fire is not known yet,” part of the statement by the firm read.
Here is the video:
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- ImageKenyans Asks24 February 2020 - 5:51 pm
- Imageballers24 February 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm