A Member of Parliament affiliated to the Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) now wants the Government to deploy Morans from pastoralist communities to Somalia.
Addressing a gathering Kandutura Primary School in Rumuruti on Monday, the Legislator maintained that the Morans could be a good reinforcement to the Kenya Defence Forces soldiers in war-torn Somalia, since they were familiar with harsh terrains.
The MPs remarks come nearly two weeks after an al shabaab attack on a KDF camp in El Adde, Gedo, where an undisclosed number of soldiers perished.
Speaking at a press conference, last week, Chief of Defence Forces General Samson Mwathethe said that a board of inquiry had been sent to El Adde camp, to probe and prepare a comprehensive report on what exactly transpired during the devastating attack.
The General announced that the military had recaptured the ill-fated camp and was under full command and control of the KDF.
- Imagefirst appearence22 February 2020 - 6:44 pm
- ImageStreamlining the system22 February 2020 - 5:47 pm
- Imagedivine calling22 February 2020 - 5:58 pm
- Imagerelieve22 February 2020 - 4:00 pm
- ImageGreat Talk22 February 2020 - 4:49 pm
- Imagereviving the dream22 February 2020 - 3:30 pm
- Imagetill further notice22 February 2020 - 2:59 pm
- ImageTaking Initiative22 February 2020 - 2:46 pm
- Imagesad22 February 2020 - 1:50 pm
- ImageLocked22 February 2020 - 1:34 pm
- Imagethe architect22 February 2020 - 1:01 pm
- ImagePower play22 February 2020 - 11:21 am