Kiambu County Government has announced that no more bars will be licensed to operate in the county.
Kiambu County Governor William Kabogo made the announcement Wednesday, noting that the county cannot have a situation where out of every 30 business premises, 25 are bars.
Kabogo has said that the county which was the first to write an alcohol control act intends to reduce the number of bars while regulating the opening hours as required by the law.
The announcement follows an earlier announcement by National Authority for the Campaign against Alcohol and Drug Abuse chairman John Mututho noting that Kiambu spends Sh14 billion on alcohol annually.
The Governor according to a report on The Nation refuted claims that the county intended to purchase 72 vehicles for the county administrators saying the number of vehicles to be purchased are 42 and are meant to enhance service delivery.
- A-Team5 July 2020 - 12:24 pm
- Tragic5 July 2020 - 12:14 pm
- Outsmarted5 July 2020 - 12:10 pm
- latest5 July 2020 - 11:57 am
- Hit Back5 July 2020 - 11:18 am
- gifted5 July 2020 - 10:20 am
- Baptism By Fire5 July 2020 - 10:29 am
- Lucrative5 July 2020 - 9:20 am
- desperate5 July 2020 - 9:06 am
- Overlooked5 July 2020 - 8:59 am
- My Take5 July 2020 - 7:26 am
- last defense5 July 2020 - 7:29 am