The petrol tanker burst into flames killing the driver on the spot, while that of the clinker tipper died in hospital while undergoing treatment.
Amid the collision between the two trucks, a third vehicle was hit with its driver sustaining serious injuries and was rushed to Machakos Hospital.
Salama Police Station Traffic Commander Joseph Nyasili, confirmed the incident saying that the fuel carrier was driving on the wrong lane when the accident occured. The Traffic boss noted that the tanker driver burnt beyond recognition.
This comes a month after another fuel tanker exploded along the Mai Mahiu-Narok highway following an accident that involved five other vehicles.
One person was confirmed dead and several others were seriously injured and were rushed to the Naivasha District Hospital for treatment.
Here are some photos of the accident courtesy of Facebook:
- update16 January 2021 - 3:13 pm
- nairobbery16 January 2021 - 3:12 pm
- notice16 January 2021 - 2:26 pm
- Justice corridors16 January 2021 - 1:46 pm
- rogue riders16 January 2021 - 1:11 pm
- Afro Cinema!16 January 2021 - 12:17 pm
- details16 January 2021 - 12:29 pm
- crossing the line?16 January 2021 - 12:47 pm
- talented16 January 2021 - 11:50 am
- stranded16 January 2021 - 11:40 am
- new year new job16 January 2021 - 11:21 am
- Tough Year16 January 2021 - 11:05 am