The petrol tanker burst into flames killing the driver on the spot, while that of the clinker tipper died in hospital while undergoing treatment.
Amid the collision between the two trucks, a third vehicle was hit with its driver sustaining serious injuries and was rushed to Machakos Hospital.
Salama Police Station Traffic Commander Joseph Nyasili, confirmed the incident saying that the fuel carrier was driving on the wrong lane when the accident occured. The Traffic boss noted that the tanker driver burnt beyond recognition.
This comes a month after another fuel tanker exploded along the Mai Mahiu-Narok highway following an accident that involved five other vehicles.
One person was confirmed dead and several others were seriously injured and were rushed to the Naivasha District Hospital for treatment.
Here are some photos of the accident courtesy of Facebook:dead accident collision died
- Tragedy28 November 2021 - 3:12 pm
- LANDMARK28 November 2021 - 2:41 pm
- exquisite28 November 2021 - 1:50 pm
- SHAKEN28 November 2021 - 12:46 pm
- expert opinion28 November 2021 - 1:13 pm
- Take Note28 November 2021 - 11:32 am
- LOGGERHEADS28 November 2021 - 11:26 am
- on the spot28 November 2021 - 10:36 am
- TEACHING28 November 2021 - 10:16 am
- HELPED28 November 2021 - 9:58 am
- Murky Waters28 November 2021 - 9:40 am
- Gloves off28 November 2021 - 9:10 am