The sixth annual Global Entrepreneurship Summit happening from Friday is expected to significantly benefit the country in many ways.
Obama’s visit for the summit will bring with it opportunities for different sectors, with experts saying the economy will be improved.
Most of the perks brought by the much anticipated event will be enjoyed by the tourism and hospitality industry.
Hotels like Kempinski and The Hemmingsway Hotel in Nairobi have reportedly been checking in high profile guests since Monday.
Mombasa hotels have also been selling their establishments as tourist destinations for guests coming in for the event and Nairobi residents getting out of town for the long weekend.
According to K24, most hotels in the Mara are fully booked with the summit coinciding with the beginning of the high season, attracting thousands of tourists.
Nairobi residents looking to escape the activities during Obama’s visit and the inconveniences of the summit have also boosted business for travel agencies.
Ticketsasa.com and Fly 540 are among companies getting in on the hype, offering attractive deals to their customers.
- Matatu Sanity29 November 2020 - 9:43 am
- corridors of justice29 November 2020 - 9:27 am
- My Take29 November 2020 - 9:18 am
- escape29 November 2020 - 9:04 am
- Unfortunate29 November 2020 - 8:11 am
- Life Saver29 November 2020 - 7:54 am
- costly29 November 2020 - 7:20 am
- details28 November 2020 - 7:58 pm
- looming danger28 November 2020 - 7:52 pm
- rising above28 November 2020 - 7:30 pm
- get out28 November 2020 - 7:21 pm
- update28 November 2020 - 5:39 pm