The United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) has declared Kenya a safe tourist destination. The organization says it will fully support Kenya’s tourism sector in an effort to revive it.
The organizations Secretary General Taleb Rifai said that the Ministry of East African Affairs, Commerce and Tourism had come to an agreement with the organization that will see the organization provide tools to help the country manage tourism related challenges.
The sector has over the past few months suffered a major blow after several countries issued travel bans as a result of security challenges facing the country.
Addressing journalists alongside Rifai, East African Affairs, Commerce and Tourism Cabinet Secretary Phyllis Kandie welcomed the move by the organization.
She said that Kenyan government was working on measures to ensure that the sector is restored to its past glory.
- Politics13 July 2020 - 7:53 am
- coming up13 July 2020 - 7:39 am
- it's time12 July 2020 - 8:03 pm
- next move?12 July 2020 - 7:28 pm
- Exposed12 July 2020 - 7:18 pm
- power games12 July 2020 - 5:47 pm
- marching band12 July 2020 - 5:33 pm
- Surge12 July 2020 - 5:23 pm
- Trailblazer12 July 2020 - 4:57 pm
- changes12 July 2020 - 3:36 pm
- skilled12 July 2020 - 4:17 pm
- discord12 July 2020 - 2:57 pm