The driver who was involved in the accident that ended the life of Alex Madaga, is yet to be prosecuted.
The gentleman who is said to be cooperating with the police, is alleged to have been released after a bond of Sh20,000 was granted to him, and his car released after inspection by police.
Dagoretti traffic Police boss Robert Keror said that the case had been delayed because Madaga's family had not issued any statement yet.
He further stated that the investigations were completed, including the autopsy that was done at City mortuary. The vehicle that hit the late Madaga was also inspected by police and was later released, The Star reports.
“The postmortem report must be included in the file before it is taken to the office of the Director of Public Prosecution for direction, after which the suspect will be arraigned in court.” Keror said.
Madaga passed on at Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH) after being hit along Waiyaki way by a speeding vehicle, before staying in an ambulance for 18 hours. He was rushed to Kikuyu Mission Hospital but due to lack of facilities, he was then referred to KNH where ICU beds were all occupied.
Upon arrival at Coptic Hospital, the family was asked to pay at total of Sh200,000 before he was admitted. Madaga was returned to KNH and admitted but died a couple of hours later.
The two hospitals that refused to admit the deceased are under investigation by the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board.accident died death suspect
- Tough times5 February 2023 - 8:38 pm
- Unbothered5 February 2023 - 7:38 pm
- Unlawful5 February 2023 - 6:31 pm
- Victory5 February 2023 - 7:56 pm
- Be Careful5 February 2023 - 7:19 pm
- Journey5 February 2023 - 6:51 pm
- CREDITS5 February 2023 - 5:55 pm
- Lanes5 February 2023 - 3:41 pm
- Accident5 February 2023 - 4:41 pm
- take note5 February 2023 - 3:30 pm
- Thirsty Days Ahead5 February 2023 - 4:17 pm
- Strategy5 February 2023 - 3:01 pm