Mau Mau veterans are now demanding Sh618 Trillion from the British Government as compensation for injustices committed during the colonial rule.
According to their National Chairman Ngacha Karani, the huge sum is supposed to be shared among the 47 counties to compensate Kenyans for the suffering under British rule.
The fighters’ chairman reportedly stated that in 2013, the then British High Commissioner Edward Clay promised that the funds would be released in line with practices of the International law on colonial injustices, but that is yet to happen.
Speaking in Embu, Mr Ngatia noted that the reparation was calculated in proportion based on the 1946 National Census.
“By then, the population of Embu County stood at 101,000 though the numbers have now tremendously increased thus creating more shares for the funds,” Citizen Digital quotes the chairman.
According to the freedom fighters, every Kenyan is entitled to a share of the compensation funds.
In September 2015, the British Government gave the freedom fighters Sh3 Billion and set up a monument at Uhuru Park in honour of the Mau Mau.
The well attended celebrations were supposed to be a symbol of reconciliation between the British government, the Mau Mau, and all those who suffered.
Read Also: PHOTOS: Britain Apology to MauMau Fightersfight
- Explained25 March 2023 - 7:22 pm
- Mesmerising25 March 2023 - 7:14 pm
- NOTICE25 March 2023 - 7:11 pm
- Mystery25 March 2023 - 6:42 pm
- EXPLAINED25 March 2023 - 6:50 pm
- Did you know?25 March 2023 - 6:07 pm
- Debunked25 March 2023 - 5:36 pm
- Efficiency25 March 2023 - 5:51 pm
- Bizarre25 March 2023 - 5:16 pm
- adventure25 March 2023 - 4:35 pm
- Green Light25 March 2023 - 4:14 pm
- Apprehended25 March 2023 - 3:57 pm