A middle aged woman has been arrested in Kajiado County for attempting to traffic young children out of the Country.
The woman was apprehended as she was ferrying a child who had been reported missing by her parents, following a tip off by the residents to the police.
Around 15 minors were rescued from a four-bed-roomed house that was supposedly owned by the woman in Kitengela, where the children were allegedly being deprived basic needs.
According to a report by K24, the children did not know how they got to the house but they could remember being told that they would be taken to schools abroad. The children added that some of their colleagues had disappeared from the home over time.
Kitengela's Children officer Dan Obunga said that cases of child trafficking were on an increase in the town, as children were being held in order to extort money from donors.
He also added that they would be more vigilant when dealing with these matters and those found in contradiction to laws governing children would be incarcerated.
The suspected human-trafficker is set to be arraigned in court today. The minors were also taken to the Kitengela police station where their details were being recorded to help in the investigations.
- Ill-Fated5 July 2020 - 1:01 pm
- busted5 July 2020 - 12:40 pm
- A-Team5 July 2020 - 12:24 pm
- Tragic5 July 2020 - 12:14 pm
- Outsmarted5 July 2020 - 12:10 pm
- latest5 July 2020 - 11:57 am
- Hit Back5 July 2020 - 11:18 am
- gifted5 July 2020 - 10:20 am
- Baptism By Fire5 July 2020 - 10:29 am
- Lucrative5 July 2020 - 9:20 am
- desperate5 July 2020 - 9:06 am
- Overlooked5 July 2020 - 8:59 am