A middle aged woman has been arrested in Kajiado County for attempting to traffic young children out of the Country.
The woman was apprehended as she was ferrying a child who had been reported missing by her parents, following a tip off by the residents to the police.
Around 15 minors were rescued from a four-bed-roomed house that was supposedly owned by the woman in Kitengela, where the children were allegedly being deprived basic needs.
According to a report by K24, the children did not know how they got to the house but they could remember being told that they would be taken to schools abroad. The children added that some of their colleagues had disappeared from the home over time.
Kitengela's Children officer Dan Obunga said that cases of child trafficking were on an increase in the town, as children were being held in order to extort money from donors.
He also added that they would be more vigilant when dealing with these matters and those found in contradiction to laws governing children would be incarcerated.
The suspected human-trafficker is set to be arraigned in court today. The minors were also taken to the Kitengela police station where their details were being recorded to help in the investigations.child arrest suspect
- Made Different18 September 2021 - 6:55 pm
- CELEBRATORY18 September 2021 - 7:01 pm
- Head On18 September 2021 - 6:21 pm
- congratulations18 September 2021 - 4:01 pm
- Truth Bombs18 September 2021 - 3:55 pm
- Time Schedule18 September 2021 - 3:36 pm
- OPERATION18 September 2021 - 4:46 pm
- Sad incident18 September 2021 - 2:59 pm
- TITHING DIFFERENTLY18 September 2021 - 3:28 pm
- details18 September 2021 - 2:08 pm
- Posh living18 September 2021 - 1:24 pm
- Piece of advice18 September 2021 - 1:57 pm