Woman Kills Husband With Firewood
A 29-year-old woman killed her husband on Monday at a village in Tharaka Nithi County after a bitter exchange over Sh200.
It is alleged that the couple broke into a fierce fight when the man asked for the money that his wife had saved.
The two reportedly began running after each other before the deceased hit the wife with a panga on her back.
A neighbour told The Standard, that the accused took a piece of firewood and hit her husband on the head.
According to the neighbour, identified as Lucy Kajira, the deceased was badly injured, bled profusely then died on the spot.
The suspect, upon noticing that she had killed the spouse, turned herself in and wrote a statement at the Makutano Police Station.
While confirming the incident, area Chief Benson Gitonga urged couples to solve their problems peacefully without engaging in fights.
Also on Monday, a man beheaded his wife in front of their two children after picking a quarrel with her because she called him 'uncircumcised'.
Read also: 'Uncircumcised' Man Chops Off Wife's Head
It is regarded an offensive term to be used on a man in communities that uphold the rite of passage which signifies transition from childhood to adulthood.
- 18 January 2019 - 8:39 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 7:58 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 7:37 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 7:20 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 5:55 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 6:01 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 4:21 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 3:58 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 3:30 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 4:12 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 3:18 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 2:45 pm