A woman is suing a doctor over medical misdiagnosis that led to the amputation of her left breast.
29 year old Saida Nagisa was allegedly misdiagnosed for cancer by a doctor at the Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital in Eldoret, Uasin Gishu County.
Nagisa said she was misdiagnosed in 2012 by a Dr Walter Nalianya while undertaking her internship at the hospital. She undewent the surgery soon after the diagnosis.
Despite the surgery, Nagisa was not satisfied with MTRH’s results and decided to get a second opinion at Lancet Kenya, Aga Khan University Hospital and Nairobi Hospital where her results came back negative, The Star reports.
Nagisa is now seeking help from the Muslims for Human Rights in Mombasa in getting the doctor deregistered and getting compensation that includes corrective surgery.
- Cushioned24 November 2020 - 8:24 pm
- On the Spot24 November 2020 - 8:11 pm
- masterplan24 November 2020 - 7:39 pm
- costly24 November 2020 - 7:27 pm
- tension24 November 2020 - 7:57 pm
- Caught on Tape24 November 2020 - 7:18 pm
- it is on!24 November 2020 - 6:57 pm
- Stuck24 November 2020 - 6:25 pm
- Dire24 November 2020 - 6:43 pm
- Cost Cutting24 November 2020 - 5:12 pm
- Surge24 November 2020 - 3:45 pm
- admission24 November 2020 - 3:49 pm