A woman is suing a doctor over medical misdiagnosis that led to the amputation of her left breast.
29 year old Saida Nagisa was allegedly misdiagnosed for cancer by a doctor at the Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital in Eldoret, Uasin Gishu County.
Nagisa said she was misdiagnosed in 2012 by a Dr Walter Nalianya while undertaking her internship at the hospital. She undewent the surgery soon after the diagnosis.
Despite the surgery, Nagisa was not satisfied with MTRH’s results and decided to get a second opinion at Lancet Kenya, Aga Khan University Hospital and Nairobi Hospital where her results came back negative, The Star reports.
Nagisa is now seeking help from the Muslims for Human Rights in Mombasa in getting the doctor deregistered and getting compensation that includes corrective surgery.
- Uber Posh17 May 2021 - 3:25 pm
- Big money play17 May 2021 - 2:44 pm
- Life Hack17 May 2021 - 12:51 pm
- Take note17 May 2021 - 11:36 am
- Opportunity17 May 2021 - 11:39 am
- Groundbreaking17 May 2021 - 10:41 am
- Notch Higher17 May 2021 - 9:43 am
- tragedy17 May 2021 - 8:47 am
- Concern17 May 2021 - 8:15 am
- relocation17 May 2021 - 7:18 am
- Remarkable17 May 2021 - 7:43 am
- Unfortunate16 May 2021 - 7:10 pm