Nairobi gubernatorial aspirant Peter Kenneth has abandoned his former running mate for a new choice as the August 8 General Election fast approaches.
Barely a month after reports emerged that Kenneth had selected former Kilimani councillor Linnet Mirehane as his deputy, the aspirant has changed his mind and selected former footballer Dr Dan Shikanda.
Kenneth made the announcement on Wednesday during a campaign tour of the County where he insisted that he had the right team to lead Nairobi.
This comes a few weeks after declaring that he would vie for the seat as an independent candidate, having lost in the Jubilee nominations to Senator Mike Sonko.
The former Gatanga Member of Parliament (MP) has in the past been sighted with Shikanda as he traverses the County solidifying his numbers.
Dr Shikanda is a former AFC Leopards player. He made several appearances for the national team Harambee Stars and has also been a soccer pundit.
Earlier, Mirehani had threatened to strip naked alongside other women if she was side-stepped in her bid to become the deputy governor.
She has been a die-hard and vocal supporter of Kenneth and has been popularising his candidature for the City top job.
“I’m not fighting with anyone over this, if someone tries to step on me, we women shall strip naked,” she emphasised.
She has previously been seen in his rallies and vied for the Dagoretti North parliamentary seat in 2013 on a URP ticket but lost to current MP Simba Arati.
- Mourning7 July 2020 - 9:10 am
- brace yourselves7 July 2020 - 8:45 am
- Our Take7 July 2020 - 8:19 am
- Under Siege7 July 2020 - 7:25 am
- one more hurdle7 July 2020 - 7:34 am
- oops6 July 2020 - 8:57 pm
- comical6 July 2020 - 7:04 pm
- aluta continua6 July 2020 - 6:42 pm
- Moves6 July 2020 - 6:30 pm
- Comeback6 July 2020 - 5:52 pm
- Ray of Hope6 July 2020 - 4:44 pm
- latest6 July 2020 - 4:20 pm