Acting Interior CS Dr Fred Matiang'i on Tuesday directed the National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) to deregister all driving schools.
Speaking during a press conference, Dr Matiang’i stated that the driving schools should apply afresh for accreditation following a spike in deadly accidents.
“We have to be firm on driving schools and we shall de-register all of them and register them again afresh,” Dr. Matiang'i remarked.
[caption caption="Acting Interior CS Dr Fred Matiang'i "][/caption]
“We shall prescribe the regulations and conditions that driving schools have to meet,” he added.
The CS further affirmed that they were in the process of reviewing the entire traffic police department.
Dr Matiang’i warned the judiciary against colluding with the traffic police by issuing court orders to reinstate them when transferred.
NTSA has now been given seven days to come up with a regulation and framework for the new registration of driving schools.
Drivers will also be subjected to medical tests before they are issued with the new smart driving licences.
[caption caption="Transport Cabinet Secretary James Macharia"][/caption]
Transport CS James Macharia stated: “In a few weeks, we will issue new driving licences equipped with chips that will store drivers history”.
- Imageshots fired10 April 2020 - 10:03 am
- Imagehidden agenda?10 April 2020 - 10:07 am
- ImageAnother One10 April 2020 - 9:56 am
- Imagegreenlight10 April 2020 - 9:11 am
- ImagePandemic10 April 2020 - 8:37 am
- Imageangry10 April 2020 - 8:34 am
- Imagesuffering abroad10 April 2020 - 7:13 am
- Imagedo's and donts9 April 2020 - 7:55 pm
- Imageabort mission9 April 2020 - 7:05 pm
- Imagekind9 April 2020 - 6:40 pm
- Imagebedlam9 April 2020 - 6:31 pm
- ImageBeware9 April 2020 - 7:11 pm