In a tweet, the DP noted that it was the right of the President to bring together a team he wanted to work with and as such no one should deny him that.
He warned Jubilee Party members against politicising the issue of cabinet nominees and linking it to 2022 adding that the aim of the government now is to deliver its promises to the Kenyan people.
[caption caption="File image of DP William Ruto"][/caption]
"Kenyans , more so Jubilee should avoid useless political debates about positions including 2022 and focus single-mindedly on delivering our manifesto voted for by the people while allowing the President the space to perform his constitutional duty to assemble the team for us," he stated.
The DP issued the statement following claims that there was a split between him and President Kenyatta since he was not present as the Head of State unveiled his cabinet.
Meanwhile, the Leader of Majority in the National Assembly Aden Duale also dismissed the claims stating they were lies meant to create controversy during President Kenyatta's second term.
"We have one Government which is led by President Kenyatta. All of us, including me and DP William Ruto, are behind our leader and we endorse every decision he takes.
"Those who are speculating on the absence of the DP want to create a controversy where there is none," he stated.
The absence of the DP during the naming of the cabinet was the first time he skipped a big event conducted by the President.
[caption caption="File image of President Uhuru Kenyatta and Deputy President William Ruto"][/caption]
In the previous years, DP Ruto has always been next to the Head of State when he unveiled any projects or made addresses to the nation.
- daring14 August 2020 - 7:47 pm
- listening ear14 August 2020 - 6:21 pm
- narrowly14 August 2020 - 5:01 pm
- philanthropic14 August 2020 - 5:16 pm
- Another one14 August 2020 - 3:46 pm
- new beginnings14 August 2020 - 3:24 pm
- update14 August 2020 - 3:33 pm
- heads rollling14 August 2020 - 2:49 pm
- best of the best14 August 2020 - 2:45 pm
- No Chills!14 August 2020 - 2:01 pm
- pinching pennies14 August 2020 - 1:19 pm
- roughed up14 August 2020 - 1:29 pm