Wiper Democratic Movement (WDM-K) Deputy Party leader, Farah Maalim, has revealed that the coalition is deeply divided and might not survive the fall-out from Raila Odinga's January 30 swearing-in as People's President.
In an interview on Sunday, Maalim further revealed that NASA co-principals Kalonzo Musyoka, Musalia Mudavadi and Moses Wetangula were already plotting their political futures ahead of the 2022 General Election.
“I don’t see NASA surviving beyond that swearing-in.
"I also see Mudavadi, Kalonzo and Wetangula coming together and reaching out to Mt Kenya region. Politics has just started,” Maalim stated.
Contrary to reports that a date had been set for Kalonzo to be sworn in as Deputy People's President, Maalim stated that he did not expect the Wiper leader to take the oath.
[caption caption="Farah Maalim"][/caption]
“I don’t see Kalonzo being sworn in... It is a pity... I would have loved if he (Kalonzo) had taken a firm position from the word go and said, 'sorry I am a lawyer I don’t want to do this',” Maalim divulged.
He further disclosed that the three other principals had been opposed to the swearing-in from the get-go.
Maalim stated: “All along, Kalonzo, Wetangula and Mudavadai were opposed to the idea of a swearing-in ceremony.”
"There are a few issues they are sorting out as principals first, but he will be sworn in," he noted.
[caption caption="Farah Maalim with Moses Wetangula and Kalonzo Musyoka"][/caption]
- tough hardle26 September 2020 - 8:44 am
- His Take26 September 2020 - 8:33 am
- Power play26 September 2020 - 7:36 am
- declined26 September 2020 - 7:23 am
- double standards25 September 2020 - 7:58 pm
- unfortunate25 September 2020 - 7:30 pm
- please consider25 September 2020 - 7:03 pm
- heckled25 September 2020 - 6:31 pm
- Terrified25 September 2020 - 6:14 pm
- sad!25 September 2020 - 4:48 pm
- Chaos25 September 2020 - 4:35 pm
- fire25 September 2020 - 4:06 pm