Moses Kuria Calls Ngilu His ex, Kenyans React
Kuria posted an audio clip of Ngilu advising Kitui residents on how to deal with pastoralists invading their land and those cutting down trees for charcoal production.
The legislator captioned the clip: "Love speech by Charity Ngilu. What happened to this ex of mine?"
Kenyans had mixed reactions to Kuria's post as some defended Ngilu's message to Kitui residents while others accused her of incitement. Others just made fun of Kuria's claim that Ngilu was his ex.
Those who expressed support for Ngilu noted that she was out to secure the interests of Kitui residents and protect the environment.
"If police can't remove the herders from Kitui East we shall have no option but to support Ngilu's move," one user commented.
Another stated: "I think this charcoal business should just be banned altogether! Well done H.E Ms Charity Kaluki Ngilu."
Another section of users accused Ngilu of fuelling ethnic division and insisted that she be charged with incitement.
"Kuria you MPs are letting us down why haven't you called for Ngilu's arrest?...Is this not hate speech?" another posed.
Here are some comments:
- 11 December 2018 - 3:01 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 2:42 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 2:02 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 1:52 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 1:10 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 12:45 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 11:29 am
- 11 December 2018 - 12:30 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 11:55 am
- 11 December 2018 - 11:16 am
- 11 December 2018 - 10:52 am
- 11 December 2018 - 11:12 am