Kenya's Trending Topic on February 13, 2018
Twitter discussions on Tuesday took a tribal turn soon after President Uhuru Kenyatta announced that he had appointed Justice Paul Kihara Kariuki as a replacement for Attorney General Githu Muigai whose resignation was announced on the same day.
Netizens shared angry reactions purporting that the appointment communicated that the post was a reserve for members of one tribe.
Here are some of the tweets that were shared on the topic "Attorney General".
Further discussions took place on the topic "AG Githu Muigai".
He, however, stated that the reports were untrue and that the inauguration would be illegal without proper legal consultation among the various stakeholders within the Opposition.
Here are some of the comments that were shared.
Jubilee Members of Parliament trended on Tuesday after the party leader, President Uhuru Kenyatta, chaired a parliamentary group meeting at State House, Nairobi.
The President is said to have made recommendations on nominees to the Parliamentary Service Commission (PSC).
During the meeting, President Kenyatta also warned of punitive measures for MPs who continually skipped the group meetings.
- 16 December 2018 - 8:32 pm
- 16 December 2018 - 6:49 pm
- 16 December 2018 - 7:26 pm
- 16 December 2018 - 6:15 pm
- 16 December 2018 - 4:31 pm
- 16 December 2018 - 2:30 pm
- 16 December 2018 - 1:54 pm
- 16 December 2018 - 12:21 pm
- 16 December 2018 - 11:20 am
- 16 December 2018 - 9:55 am
- 16 December 2018 - 7:18 am
- 15 December 2018 - 7:02 pm