Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) detectives on Thursday raided the homes of top Kenya Pipeline procurement officials and suppliers linked to a controversial Ksh647 million tender.
According to EACC CEO Halakhe Waqo, the officers seized several documents and records from the raided homes and will use them in the probe of the scam which involved the supply of hydrant pit valves.
The officials went to the homes of former Managing Director Charles Tanui, General Manager- Finance Samuel Odoyo and Amina Juma of procurement, looking for documents over the alleged fraud.
“The investigation, which extends to other jurisdictions that include the United States and Canada, is at an advanced stage and is expected to be completed soon.
[caption caption="Halakhe Waqo"][/caption]
"Thereafter, appropriate recommendations will be made to the Director of Public Prosecutions in line with Section 35 of the Anti-Corruption Economic Crimes Act,” noted the EACC boss in a statement.
Amina was on May 23, 2017, charged in court with forgery of multi-million shilling Kenya Pipeline Company tender documents dating back to five years ago.
The anti-graft body is conducting investigations into allegations of corruption in the award of the tender by Kenya Pipeline for the supply of the valves and two-year operational spares.
In 2014, KPC tendered to deliver 60 hydrant pit valves – the equipment used for refuelling aircrafts – for Jomo Kenyatta International Airport at a cost of over Ksh600 million.
The EACC froze their use and stopped further payment to Aero Dispenser Valves Ltd - the company that won the tender to supply them.
Records, however, indicate that the firm had already received a down payment of Ksh200 million.
[caption caption="Former Kenya Pipeline MD Charles Tanui"][/caption]
- Imageshots fired10 April 2020 - 10:03 am
- Imagehidden agenda?10 April 2020 - 10:07 am
- ImageAnother One10 April 2020 - 9:56 am
- Imagegreenlight10 April 2020 - 9:11 am
- ImagePandemic10 April 2020 - 8:37 am
- Imageangry10 April 2020 - 8:34 am
- Imagesuffering abroad10 April 2020 - 7:13 am
- Imagedo's and donts9 April 2020 - 7:55 pm
- Imageabort mission9 April 2020 - 7:05 pm
- Imagekind9 April 2020 - 6:40 pm
- Imagebedlam9 April 2020 - 6:31 pm
- ImageBeware9 April 2020 - 7:11 pm