Kenyans on Twitter voiced their concerns over the detention of Ugandan Member of Parliament and musician Robert Kyagulanyi Ssentamu popularly known as Bobi Wine.
A Ugandan police spokesman stated that the politician was arrested after an incident in which security officers shot dead his driver.
He was apprehended in the north-western town of Arua where he was campaigning for an opposition candidate in a hard-fought by-election that also drew President Yoweri Museveni in support of the ruling party candidate.
Ugandan newspapers had indicated that First Deputy Premier Moses Ali had told Parliament that Bobi would be charged in a military court although he is a civilian.
The remarks by the Ugandan First Deputy Premier did not seat well with Kenyans who questioned whether he was a military officer or had previously held any position in the army.
Other Kenyans called out their young Parliamentarians for not fighting enough for the people but instead participating in what they termed as being compromised to sell out the people who voted them in.
Bobi Wine and Museveni held parallel rallies on Monday, which were followed by the arrest of the former for obstructing the presidential motorcade, during which one of Museveni's official vehicles had a windscreen damaged.
In the ensuing chaos, police fired live rounds to disperse the crowd, killing his driver.
Before his arrest, the musician alleged that the killing of his driver was a case of mistaken identity.
"Police has shot my driver dead thinking they've shot at me," he stated, posting a picture of a blood-drenched man slumped at the wheel of a car.
Here are some more tweetsdead arrest fight
- fresh info13 August 2022 - 10:54 am
- Rise to Power13 August 2022 - 11:04 am
- Blow13 August 2022 - 10:04 am
- Dominance13 August 2022 - 10:22 am
- Super Women13 August 2022 - 9:02 am
- Revealed13 August 2022 - 8:27 am
- SHOCKING13 August 2022 - 8:37 am
- Complicated13 August 2022 - 8:00 am
- On the spot13 August 2022 - 6:55 am
- missing12 August 2022 - 10:58 pm
- ACTION12 August 2022 - 11:06 pm
- Our stand12 August 2022 - 10:31 pm