According to the Daily Nation, the governor was taken in for questioning where he spent the better part of the morning.
Reports from KTN News further indicated that the governor was being held responsible for the brutal murder of Sharon Otieno, a second-year university student who was pregnant with his son.
Sources who spoke to the press further revealed that the governor was scheduled to record a statement with the police regarding the matter.
Obado was accompanied by his lawyer Cliff Ombeta who maintained that his client was not the man behind the murder.
Governor Obado will be arraigned in court on Monday to respond to the murder charges.
The arrest came days after tests matched Governor Obado's DNA with that of the seven-month-old foetus Sharon was carrying at the time of her death.
"There are 99.9+% more chances that Zachariah Obado is the biological father of the donor of the DNA generated from the foetus that is Sharon's child.
"Michael Juma Oyamo (the governor's PA) is excluded as the biological father of the foetus," the chemist's report read in part.
A number of suspects are being held by police in connection with the tragic kidnapping and murder incident. These include Obado's bodyguard Calvins Omondi, a clerk from the governor's office Caspal Obiero and Obado's PA Michael Oyamo.death murder arrest suspect
- Revealed17 August 2022 - 8:22 pm
- Repulse17 August 2022 - 7:43 pm
- School Calendar17 August 2022 - 7:25 pm
- So Sad17 August 2022 - 7:10 pm
- Delayed17 August 2022 - 6:58 pm
- His Stance17 August 2022 - 6:17 pm
- Daring17 August 2022 - 5:45 pm
- Take Note17 August 2022 - 5:09 pm
- statement17 August 2022 - 4:52 pm
- Message17 August 2022 - 3:46 pm
- Viral17 August 2022 - 4:05 pm
- ADVICE17 August 2022 - 3:31 pm