A woman was arrested on Sunday after she assaulted and badly injured a nurse at Kenyatta National Hospital over the death of her son.
The attack on the nurse by the woman and her relatives came after she informed her of the son's passing on Saturday.
KNH Communication Officer Simon Ithae who confirmed the incident stated that the nurse was hit with a blunt object.
The nurse was later rushed to the emergency room after she lost consciousness and her condition was termed critical.
The deceased was a 17-year-old boy named Elisha Ouko Juma who required blood transfusion that the hospital could not offer due to lack of matching blood type in the blood bank.
Kilimani OCPD Michael Muchiri explained that the attack occurred on Saturday morning but the police are yet to unravel the motive behind the attack.
"It’s true the incident happened at the hospital. We are yet to establish the motive of the attack.
"We have launched investigations and the woman will be charged on court next week with assault," stated Muchiri.
The mother of the deceased blamed the hospital for neglect after she claimed that she brought ten relatives to provide the blood the facility lacked.
The woman was taken to Capitol Hill police station awaiting prosecution.
- sweet deals11 July 2020 - 2:05 pm
- paying back11 July 2020 - 1:58 pm
- opportunities11 July 2020 - 12:56 pm
- lucky escape11 July 2020 - 1:03 pm
- Spotted11 July 2020 - 12:45 pm
- good news11 July 2020 - 12:00 pm
- R.I.P11 July 2020 - 11:17 am
- heartless11 July 2020 - 10:44 am
- Justice?11 July 2020 - 10:14 am
- Reconciled11 July 2020 - 9:26 am
- turbulent times11 July 2020 - 9:00 am
- Tactical11 July 2020 - 7:57 am