IG Boinett Speaks on Gang That Killed 6 in Kisauni, Mombasa
The Inspector General of Police Joseph Boinett on Sunday morning addressed the security situation in Kisauni, Mombasa County following robbery incidences that left six people dead during the weekend.
Addressing the media in Mombasa on Sunday, the IG affirmed that the insecurity in the area had been contained and that officers were pursuing the suspected attackers.
"We have heard that there is a group that is causing trouble in parts of Kisauni. The officers here have strategised and we are committed to ensuring criminal elements are subjected to the full force of the law," stated the IG.
Kisauni sub-county Commissioner Kipchumba Ruto had confirmed the attacks saying that on Thursday four people including a wife and a husband were killed by the gang.
Ruto further revealed that the gangsters used a motorbike during the attack at Kasarani area in Kisani.
The criminals are said to have returned to the area on Friday killing two more people at Kidgaya in Junda ward.
Kisauni MP Ali Mbogo expressed his concerns over the security situation in the area, appealing to local to volunteer information and support police officers in combating crime.
The legislator also asked intelligence personnel to probe the sudden upsurge in insecurity saying “there is more than meets the eye.”
- 15 December 2018 - 5:20 pm
- 15 December 2018 - 4:37 pm
- 15 December 2018 - 3:36 pm
- 15 December 2018 - 3:30 pm
- 15 December 2018 - 2:55 pm
- 15 December 2018 - 2:41 pm
- 15 December 2018 - 1:28 pm
- 15 December 2018 - 1:21 pm
- 15 December 2018 - 12:42 pm
- 15 December 2018 - 12:32 pm
- 15 December 2018 - 11:59 am
- 15 December 2018 - 11:31 am