The family of a vocal ODM Women Representative has lost their elder brother who had been battling cancer at the Nairobi Hospital.
Kisii County Member of Parliament Janet Ong'era had his brother, Samuel Ong'era, admitted at the hospital Intensive Care Unit where he was being treated for throat cancer in the last two weeks.
A close family member told Kenyans.co.ke that Samuel died at the Nairobi Hospital on Tuesday night.
"Sam died yesternight at the Nairobi Hospital. He was admitted like two weeks ago for treatment. By the time of his death, he was still at the ICU," disclosed a member of the Ong'era family.
They had not been formally authorised to speak to the media and thus did not want to be named.
Kenya reports the highest throat cancer cases in the world, a 2017 report by researchers from North Carolina Central University in the US, University of Nairobi, Kenyatta National Hospital and Dalian University - China revealed.
The scientists covered France, US and UK for comparison, with Kenya recording the highest incidences of the disease globally.
Official WHO data indicates throat cancer in Kenya has a high prevalence in Central Kenya, around the Lake Victoria region but with Eldoret and Bomet in the Rift Valley being possible hotspots.died death
- Exposed23 March 2023 - 7:46 pm
- Clampdown23 March 2023 - 7:38 pm
- new role23 March 2023 - 7:19 pm
- light moment23 March 2023 - 7:34 pm
- Explained23 March 2023 - 7:32 pm
- mORTGAGE23 March 2023 - 6:46 pm
- Impressive23 March 2023 - 7:11 pm
- RE-ORGANISED23 March 2023 - 7:22 pm
- Puzzling23 March 2023 - 7:02 pm
- Revealed23 March 2023 - 6:33 pm
- By a whisker23 March 2023 - 6:21 pm
- CHALLENGED23 March 2023 - 6:00 pm