An inmate from Manyani Maximum Security Prison is nursing injuries after undergoing a surgery to remove a mobile phone that was stuck in his rectum.
It is reported that he was trying to conceal the gadget from prison wardens.
The move backfired after the gadget failed to come out giving the inmate a severe stomach ache.
He was forced to reveal to prison officers when he couldn't withstand the agony of failing to pass stool for three days.
Moi County Referral Hospital’s medical superintendent Kagona Gitau said doctors were observing him after a successful operation.
The prison officer in charge, Nicholas Maswai, said the inmates use the phones to defraud residents and added that disciplinary actions will be taken against the inmate.
Prisoners are notorious for scamming people out of their money through impersonation.
They send text messages to unsuspecting people claiming to be their friends or business associate and ask their target to send them money.
During a random inspection by prison wardens, Kirui was discovered to be in possession of the phone which he had been using for an unspecified period.
- tragedy9 August 2020 - 10:35 am
- The Truth9 August 2020 - 9:29 am
- 2022 Politics9 August 2020 - 8:46 am
- Shattering ceilings9 August 2020 - 7:49 am
- Commendable9 August 2020 - 7:28 am
- Troubled9 August 2020 - 7:14 am
- heavy hitter8 August 2020 - 7:58 pm
- in hindsight8 August 2020 - 7:32 pm
- changing lives8 August 2020 - 7:03 pm
- emotional8 August 2020 - 5:57 pm
- woman of steel8 August 2020 - 4:35 pm
- Amen!8 August 2020 - 4:50 pm