An inmate from Manyani Maximum Security Prison is nursing injuries after undergoing a surgery to remove a mobile phone that was stuck in his rectum.
It is reported that he was trying to conceal the gadget from prison wardens.
The move backfired after the gadget failed to come out giving the inmate a severe stomach ache.
He was forced to reveal to prison officers when he couldn't withstand the agony of failing to pass stool for three days.
Moi County Referral Hospital’s medical superintendent Kagona Gitau said doctors were observing him after a successful operation.
The prison officer in charge, Nicholas Maswai, said the inmates use the phones to defraud residents and added that disciplinary actions will be taken against the inmate.
Prisoners are notorious for scamming people out of their money through impersonation.
They send text messages to unsuspecting people claiming to be their friends or business associate and ask their target to send them money.
During a random inspection by prison wardens, Kirui was discovered to be in possession of the phone which he had been using for an unspecified period.suspect illegal scam
- Just in Time26 June 2022 - 7:46 am
- Tragic26 June 2022 - 7:13 am
- Shining Star25 June 2022 - 7:56 pm
- Veterans25 June 2022 - 7:45 pm
- TALENTED25 June 2022 - 7:21 pm
- Luxurious25 June 2022 - 6:54 pm
- Crackdown25 June 2022 - 6:05 pm
- Roughed up25 June 2022 - 5:12 pm
- Own Path25 June 2022 - 4:25 pm
- Deal25 June 2022 - 3:40 pm
- Guidelines25 June 2022 - 3:35 pm
- TALENTED25 June 2022 - 2:49 pm