Kenya Pipeline Company CEO Joe Sang has been arrested in a raid that was conducted at his home on Friday morning.
The arrests started last night after the Director of Public Prosecutions Noordin Haji approved various charges against the top managers.
The Director of Criminal Investigations (DCI) George Kinoti then ordered his officers to round up all those to be charged.
Sources indicate that at least 2 senior managers are in police custody alongside the CEO. They include Vincent Cheruiyot (General Manager Supply Chain), and Gloria Khafafa (Company Secretary).
Hudson Andambi was appointed as the interim CEO moments after the arrest of the top managers at the troubled oil corporation.
KPC has been riddled with mega corruption scandals that have seen billions of taxpayers’ money either stolen or misappropriated.
The Board of Management had invited the DCI to probe the loss of 21 million litres of fuel under Sang’s watch and announced that he would not seek another term at the helm of the organisation.
In a previous explanation, the management claimed that the 21 million litres of fuel were lost, through spillage and pilferage.
"The issue is not whether the contract allows KPC leakage of 0.25 per cent of fuel transported. The issue is whether that fuel was genuinely lost, or whether it was siphoned off," an industry insider posed.
Oil marketing firms have demanded an independent forensic audit to check the accuracy of stock statements issued by KPC.
The probe is expected to unveil one of the biggest scandals in Kenya after the DCI looks into at least 27 projects supposedly carried out in the last four years.
- Imageshots fired10 April 2020 - 10:03 am
- Imagehidden agenda?10 April 2020 - 10:07 am
- ImageAnother One10 April 2020 - 9:56 am
- Imagegreenlight10 April 2020 - 9:11 am
- ImagePandemic10 April 2020 - 8:37 am
- Imageangry10 April 2020 - 8:34 am
- Imagesuffering abroad10 April 2020 - 7:13 am
- Imagedo's and donts9 April 2020 - 7:55 pm
- Imageabort mission9 April 2020 - 7:05 pm
- Imagekind9 April 2020 - 6:40 pm
- Imagebedlam9 April 2020 - 6:31 pm
- ImageBeware9 April 2020 - 7:11 pm