Former Youth and Gender Principal Secretary Lillian Omollo has finally revealed her side hustle, which allegedly generated a lot of revenue for which she was suspected of having stolen.
According to photos recently shared online, the former PS seems rather relaxed and peaceful in her watermelon farm as she harvests the fruits.
In 2018, Omollo burst into the limelight after she was accused of conspiracy to commit economic crimes in connection with the loss of Ksh 167 million at NYS during her tenure.
The Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) also accused her of making cash deposits worth millions of shillings in bank accounts belonging to her children within months when loss of funds was reported at the NYS.
She, however, rubbished all allegations leveled against her stating that most of the money in her accounts was from proceeds of sales in her greenhouse farm in Bondo, Siaya county.
She further claimed that she became a millionaire from selling tomatoes, cucumbers, watermelons among other crops.
During her interrogations, the ex-PS asserted that the revenue generated from her farm produce was wired to the bank accounts in Nairobi.
She, however, failed to produce evidence to prove that she and her family made the millions by selling farm produce.
Omollo was appointed PS on December 18, 2015, and was sacked on July 13, 2018, following a major reshuffle by President Uhuru Kenyatta.
Francis Otieno Owino was appointed the new Youth and Gender PS.
- puzzling18 May 2021 - 7:56 pm
- Listen Up18 May 2021 - 7:34 pm
- Vaccine Crisis18 May 2021 - 5:13 pm
- please18 May 2021 - 5:23 pm
- Tragic18 May 2021 - 4:52 pm
- Tragic18 May 2021 - 4:21 pm
- competitive18 May 2021 - 4:32 pm
- Kind-Hearted18 May 2021 - 4:13 pm
- Revealed18 May 2021 - 3:47 pm
- Renege18 May 2021 - 3:31 pm
- Expensive Sendoff18 May 2021 - 4:00 pm
- fake news18 May 2021 - 2:18 pm