Former Youth and Gender Principal Secretary Lillian Omollo has finally revealed her side hustle, which allegedly generated a lot of revenue for which she was suspected of having stolen.
According to photos recently shared online, the former PS seems rather relaxed and peaceful in her watermelon farm as she harvests the fruits.
In 2018, Omollo burst into the limelight after she was accused of conspiracy to commit economic crimes in connection with the loss of Ksh 167 million at NYS during her tenure.
The Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) also accused her of making cash deposits worth millions of shillings in bank accounts belonging to her children within months when loss of funds was reported at the NYS.
She, however, rubbished all allegations leveled against her stating that most of the money in her accounts was from proceeds of sales in her greenhouse farm in Bondo, Siaya county.
She further claimed that she became a millionaire from selling tomatoes, cucumbers, watermelons among other crops.
During her interrogations, the ex-PS asserted that the revenue generated from her farm produce was wired to the bank accounts in Nairobi.
She, however, failed to produce evidence to prove that she and her family made the millions by selling farm produce.
Omollo was appointed PS on December 18, 2015, and was sacked on July 13, 2018, following a major reshuffle by President Uhuru Kenyatta.
Francis Otieno Owino was appointed the new Youth and Gender PS.
- unfortunate21 April 2021 - 10:07 am
- confusion21 April 2021 - 9:38 am
- New Projects21 April 2021 - 9:30 am
- Corridors of Power21 April 2021 - 9:24 am
- Under Siege21 April 2021 - 7:58 am
- Another One21 April 2021 - 7:16 am
- eyes on prize20 April 2021 - 8:04 pm
- jets out20 April 2021 - 7:48 pm
- new pairs of hands20 April 2021 - 6:50 pm
- Alliances20 April 2021 - 6:29 pm
- dissolve20 April 2021 - 5:22 pm
- On the Edge20 April 2021 - 4:48 pm