Moi's Special Gesture to Uhuru After Son's Death
Former President Daniel Moi extended a special exception to President Uhuru Kenyatta on Monday afternoon by allowing him to deliver a personal message.
Uhuru had flown to Moi's Kabarak home to personally convey his message of condolence following the passing on of Jonathan Moi.
Uhuru was received by Baringo Senator Gideon Moi and proceeded to sign the condolence book and have a chat with the former Head of State.
On behalf of himself and the Government of Kenya, President Kenyatta stated that he was greatly saddened by the death of Jonathan.
Uhuru prayed to the almighty Lord to rest the departed soul in eternal peace. Mzee Moi then thanked President Kenyatta for grieving with the bereaved family.
On Sunday the family, through spokesperson Lee Njiru, had communicated that Mzee Moi would not be able to receive mourners at his home.
"The family with heavy hearts wishes to inform all our friends that our patriarch Mzee Moi may not be able to personally receive those wishing to offer their condolence.
"This inevitable stand does not in any way lessen our gratitude dear friends. Please understand with us,” the statement read.
Jonathan passed away on Friday at a Nakuru hospital where he had been admitted.
- 11 November 2019 - 9:48 pm
- 11 November 2019 - 7:54 pm
- 11 November 2019 - 7:57 pm
- 11 November 2019 - 7:01 pm
- 11 November 2019 - 8:13 pm
- 11 November 2019 - 6:43 pm
- 11 November 2019 - 7:15 pm
- 11 November 2019 - 5:51 pm
- 11 November 2019 - 5:16 pm
- 11 November 2019 - 5:01 pm
- 11 November 2019 - 4:52 pm
- 11 November 2019 - 4:37 pm