In an interview conducted by Ghetto Radio, Kanze advised the youth to shun from cherry picking jobs, narrating that she also started small.
"Ata mimi Maji (Maji Maji), nilianza na kufulia watu nguo (Maji, I also started by washing people's clothes)," she expressed.
Kanze also recounted of the days she used to work as a waitress at her grandfather's Fast Food Restaurant along the busy Nairobi-Mombasa highway.
"I started off in the kitchen pealing potatoes because that was the starting point for everyone," she cited.
The State House spokesperson further noted that there are many opportunities for the youth, however, most of them want white collar jobs instead of what is available.
"There are a number of opportunities for the youth in our country. The government is emphasizing on technical training to ensure the youth have the skills required for various jobs," she stated.
She added that the government was undertaking various projects under the Big 4 Agenda where youth could get job opportunities.
"The Government is also creating a database through the National Employment Authority where the youth can register so that they can be linked up with jobs that fit their profiles whenever these jobs come up," she continued.
- different path13 August 2020 - 8:08 pm
- Nabbed13 August 2020 - 8:10 pm
- angered13 August 2020 - 7:17 pm
- terror threat13 August 2020 - 7:24 pm
- feted13 August 2020 - 6:38 pm
- The Truth13 August 2020 - 6:44 pm
- crash13 August 2020 - 6:22 pm
- shining13 August 2020 - 5:59 pm
- Overprotected13 August 2020 - 5:28 pm
- Chaos13 August 2020 - 5:00 pm
- Ambition13 August 2020 - 4:36 pm
- Insider13 August 2020 - 4:19 pm