Daring Thugs Rob Ksh1.5 Million From Bank After Digging Tunnel
Police have launched investigations after a gang broke into a bank in Kitui and made away with Ksh1.5 million.
Capital News reports that the incident occurred at Itoleka Financial Services Association (FSA) on Saturday.
The thieves used a tunnel to gain access into the bank and later broke the safe where the day's collection was stored.
The incident was confirmed by Kitui East Sub-County Commander Edward Legei.
He revealed that the gang took two days to dig the tunnel. A guard who was walking around the building on Sunday was the first to notice it.
“A guard told our officers that as he was patrolling the bank when he saw a tunnel and suspected something was amiss,” Legei explained.
This incident is reminiscent of what happened at KCB Thika in November 2017.
Thugs stole Ksh50million after digging a 30-metre-long tunnel into the bank’s strongroom.
According to officers, the tunnel was dug from inside a stall opposite the Thika Divisional Police headquarters.
The criminals were allegedly running a bookshop in the stall.
- 18 October 2019 - 1:24 am
- 17 October 2019 - 9:25 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 9:27 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 8:11 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 8:45 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 6:40 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 7:02 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 6:42 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 6:13 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 7:08 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 6:28 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 5:55 pm